Sunday, July 29, 2012

Larry Tanner Says Goodbye


As of today, I am retiring Textuality permanently. The site will remain online, but it will no longer have new posts.

I decided on my morning run to end the blog. It was a sudden decision, but several percolating factors led to it:
  • My dissertation writing and activities are ramping up, which make less time for thoughtful posts.
  • I've now said much of what is and has been inside me. I don't have much to say right now that's new.
  • I'm also not jazzed up about some issues like I used to be. The issues that grab me now have to do with real, meatspace life. I want to focus my mind and energies on home, work, and just living.
  • I have distant plans to collect and publish my favorite pieces together in book form. This would be for vanity's sake, not for money or anything like that.
In short, this is a good time to move ahead into something different.

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented here. My sincere and best wishes to you for cool lives, fun with loved ones, love and joy, mind-blowing discoveries...and great music and poetry.

Farewell.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, well; blog fatigue happens, as my own case shows. I'll keep the blog on my RSS feed in case anything new shows up or I want to look up old posts. Good luck with the dissertation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, and good luck with the dissertation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog, but rarely commenting.

    Best wishes for the next phase of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will miss you, Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite all the times I busted your balls I'm sorry to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever commented here before, but yours has been one of my favorite weblogs. Thanks, and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely commented in the past few years, but I did follow. Good Luck.. Baal Habos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm enjoying your postings on morality at Uncommon Descent.

    Putting Arrington and Murray and the rest of the lot in their place.

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment if you have something substantial and substantiated to say.