Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting for the Ax


Ah, life in the big city.

My company is having tough times. Our market has shrunk and we are not selling as much as we once did. What's more, we have few--maybe not any--substantial prospects for generating sales in either the near-term or long-term.

Layoffs are coming. I predict it will happen Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Every group will likely be asked to identify a percentage of people to be candidates for downsizing. My guess is we will lose almost 10 percent of the company workforce.

Although I don't think my job is in jeopardy, I am certainly not "safe." Assuming I am one of the folks remaining after the layoff, I have a personal strategy for driving improvements in my area. Right now, I am documenting everything I do and thinking about the extra work I may need to take on.

If I am let go, the first thing I'll do is apply for unemployment. Then, I'll make some calls. For now, I have some other preparation work to do, but I plan to be ready next week in case I'm ushered out the door. I'll have most of the files I want saved to a flash drive; I'll also have my desktop filed cleaned out.

I remain generally optimistic about my company and about prospects for the US economy overall. I think--I hope--we are at the bottom point and expect everything to start slowly improving by August.


5 comments:

  1. How's the hope and change goin for you you fucking faggot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an uninteresting and negligible little troll, SJ. You have no idea what you are saying or why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have complete idea what I'm saying.

    I'm borrowing Sarah Palin's joke about Obama's hope and change bull shit, and using it to make fun of you.

    Just a tip, when you finally do get change don't tell Obama or he is going to want to take it from you and give it to someone else out of "fairness."

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you clearly don't know what you are saying. If you did, you would realize that Sarah Palin herself is the biggest joke of all. You'd also realize that there was no way an intelligent, sane person would have let her anywhere near the presidency. You would have remembered how the Bush II administration actively worked to destroy the US economy.

    You know nothing of politics or economics. All you have is the tired posture of a dropout campus republican. You are so boring, you probably can't manage enough enthusiasm even to hate yourself and your crummy life.

    You have my pity, and I will stop enabling you. You can't post here anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment if you have something substantial and substantiated to say.