Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Working in Five

My early menopause continues as I try to figure out what to do with my life. I think about what I want to be doing for work in 5 years. That will be 2012. I have a hard time imagining that far ahead, and imagining myself in that world.

If I am happy in 2012 with my work and my life, what is it that gives me joy and satisfaction? Well, I know there’s money. However, I am not thinking about money to be greedy. I just want a steady stream of income that is substantial enough to allow me to save. So, where’s the money coming from? Of course I’ll have a job, but what will I be doing that makes me happy?

As I imagine it, I envision a cause, a goal of some sort. For example, I get pretty charged up at being able to pursue the street betterment cause. I like being an advocate for a cause. And there are several causes that interest me. I see myself doing a combination of desk work and field work. Now I am totally desk-docked, and I don’t like it. I want to go out and visit people, talk to them and get things done.

So, there’s money, social responsibility and interactivity. This is a start, right? I can continue to press this thinking forward and hopefully develop a clearer sense of my occupation, my real occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you have something substantial and substantiated to say.