Friday, January 21, 2011

NFL Playoff Predictions, Championship Round (2010 Season)

Rex Ryan will need to keep his head if his Jets are to step forward and get past another arch-rival.

I continue to stink it up as a predictor of football games. But I will press on. Here are my picks for the NFL conference championship playoffs:
  • New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers: Jets 16, Steelers 24. I saw the Steelers winning last week, but who would have imagined the Footie besting the Hoodie? Now, my gut tells me the Steelers will get this one, but in a dogfight. I won't be surprised if Jets special teams help make the difference in their getting to the Super Bowl.
  • Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears: Packers 30, Bears 10. The Packers will beat down the Bears. I have no doubt.

So, yes, I predict a Steelers-Packers Super Bowl. Place your bets!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for my spelling error, I know that bothers you.

    and thank you, thank you thank you, for picking the steelers! I greatly appreciate it.

    Also, rick reilly has a great write-up on the jets that i think you will appreciate.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6041033

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should warn you that my predictions actually have no effect on the performance of the teams and the outcome of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. recent history suggests otherwise

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'm perfect this week!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment if you have something substantial and substantiated to say.