Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reading Comprehension Fail

Denyse O'Leary: A little milk in your mustache, dear.
Here is what I wrote:
However, I am surprised that that Carroll's post has not generated more discussion at UD [Uncommon Descent] than it has: only about 23 responses in 24 hours.
Here's what a granny thinks I meant:
Huh? Fellow claims no one cared about “Don’t need God” physicist Sean Carroll’s recent post …
I neither said nor meant that people didn't care. Rather, I stated only that I had expected more discussion (please note that discussion is a different concept than caring) in the first 24 hours of the post's life than what I saw.

[Sigh.]

The granny finishes:
File under: Yuh. Another “science” guy holds forth.
I'm actually a humanities guy. Please go back to sleep, Denyse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you have something substantial and substantiated to say.